Optica is looking for a Membership Manager.
The Membership Manager is responsible for planning and implementing marketing strategies to increase member sales, and membership products and benefits. In addition, responsible for developing strategic partnerships to increase membership growth and engagement.
This position overall responsibilities are in the following key areas; acquisition and renewal/retention program, member newsletter, Optica on-line store, maintenance of department files and records (both electronic and paper); assistance with development/distribution of promotional gifts and mailings; maintaining up-to-date content on the Web site, and customer service activities.
Membership Acquisitions & Retention/Renewal Program
- Develop and implement a comprehensive membership acquisition and retention strategy plan to recruit new members to Optica and retain existing members; incorporating corporate sponsorships.
- Identify high-value sales territory, channels, and prospects to meet membership and revenue targets, in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Present, promote and sell products/services/memberships using solid sales techniques to existing and prospective customers.
- Responsible for communicating to current and potential members via telephone calls (outbound and inbound calls), direct mail, social media interactions, and email communication.
- Assesses existing benefits and member survey data on an ongoing basis, and makes recommendations for benefits relevant to specific membership categories.
- Oversees the development of global membership campaigns that meet diverse needs in all parts of the world, supporting their efforts to increase and retain members in all populations.
- Develops strategy plan to create a member experience from individual through emeritus member category. Partner with Outreach Programs to incorporate student and early career member experience.
- Responsible for Membership mailings, emails, e-newsletter and other communications (e.g., copying editing and production oversight; includes management of monthly mailing to new individual members)
- Monitor automated renewal campaigns (i.e. 90 days, 60 days, 30 days and 0 days).
- Oversees Member Onboarding and member survey, analysis data and comes up with recommendations.
- Responsible for Journal subscription renewal emails 1 & 2 to select monthly to yearly members
- Partners with outside fulfillment center with distributions of member kits.
- Responds promptly and professionally to inquiries from members, volunteers, donors, vendors and staff.
- Oversees the management and efficiency of the membership module within Optica’s CRM database (member communications, reports, member totals and updates.).
- Responsible for monthly reporting, and member dashboard
- Assists with content updates to Optica web sites
- Set overall visual and design tone for Optica Member Newsletter, and Optica online store products.
- Design member newsletter and selected feature articles and columns, researching/acquiring appropriate photography/illustrations and reformatting/updating figures as needed.
- Design and create graphic designs for membership programs and products
- Executing print, email, online, exhibit and multimedia promotional campaigns outlined in the marketing plans to effectively promote selected membership products. Implementation of the marketing plans includes the development and distribution of email broadcasts; coordinating targeted list development for print or email promotions; and developing marketing materials for exhibits.
- Collaborates with Chief in research, and deepening member value and engagement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and design experience/coursework required.
- Five-ten years experience in graphic design, specifically in the area of magazine production, required.
- Knowledge of four-color printing required.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience managing lists for email and direct mail marketing campaigns for membership sales.
- Experience in prospect development & management, member acquisition & retention, and engagement with members.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently required.
- Interest in science preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Excellent English writing and grammatical skills required.
- Must perform consistently well under pressure and be able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once.
- Consistent and thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple high-stake initiatives using effective project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment with short deadlines, demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Driven self-starter who works effectively and efficiently with all colleagues, strategic partners to include senior-level executives and CEOs.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now