Subsea Optical Fiber Communication International Summer School
04 August 2019 – 10 August 2019 Polvijärvi, Finland
Subsea Optical Fiber Communications 2019 International Summer School is for PhD students, early-stage researchers, entrepreneurs, Bachelor's, and Master's students looking for a new field of opportunity in technology.
Five days are devoted to multi-disciplinary courses covering subsea optical fiber communication.
Students will go through an A to Z process of building a modern global communication network, with a focus on submarine system design, submarine powering, cable technology, planning, marine operations, and maintenance.
This new school is in partnership with Google and the OSA Foundation
Topics to be covered at the Subsea Optical Fiber Communications International Summer School
- The history and future of submarine cables
- Basics of coherent digital optical communications
- Architectures and management of submarine networks
- Submarine fiber and cable technology
- System planning and deployment
- Marine and maintenance