Advancing Mid-Managers Summit
16 September 2019 Washington Marriott Wardman Park, Washington, District of Columbia United States
Do you have an employee with great potential for leadership? Then the Optical Society has something for you — the Advancing Mid-Managers Summit. This brand new program is the only of its kind — meaning you can’t find this kind management course tailored for science professionals anywhere else. The Advancing Mid-Managers Summit will help the best and brightest reach their maximum leadership potential through hands-on, in-person learning.
The inaugural Advancing Mid-Managers Summit was hosted at the 2019 OSA Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science APS/DLS Conference (FiO+LS). The Summit was a very focused and unique professional development experience. In this small group setting, mid-level professionals had the opportunity to enhance and develop the leadership skills, relationships, and effectiveness that distinguish them in their professions and will enable them to make more meaningful contributions to the teams and organizations they serve.
Participants had the opportunity to learn from CEOs, mentors and guest speakers. Participants engaged in-group discussions, problem-solving and other activities to enhance management skills.
- Featured Keynote: Madeleine Jacobs, President, Strategic Science
- Put on Your SCARF: Improving Self-Awareness and Leadership Through Neuroscience
- Networking Lunch
- Career Development, Dr. Karen Matthews, Corning
- Professional Development Planning, Alison French, Alto Solutions LLC.
- CEO Panel: Lucian Hand, President, Altos Photonics; Madeleine Jacobs, President, Strategic Science; Nelson Claytor, President, Fresnel Technologies, Inc.
- Road-mapping Your Future
- Networking Reception