About the Optica Laser Congress
In the 60 years since the first demonstration of the laser, continuous progress in its development has led to numerous new applications and capabilities — progress that continues today.
This congress provides a comprehensive view of the latest advances in solid state laser development along with recent new applications. Beyond innovations in lasers themselves, this congress covers new science made possible by the development of ultra-high brightness and high power radiation sources, sources and devices for free space and quantum communications, LIDAR for autonomous vehicles, beam steering, materials processing and laser manufacturing. An accompanying exhibition features the latest products resulting from these advances.
- Learn about advances in laser beam combining including coherent beam combining and the powers achievable through these processes.
- Hear about record performance in the area of high power fiber lasers and their application to welding, cutting, laser shock peening, other materials modification applications, laser induced damage and directed energy applications.
- Explore advances in remote sensing including vibrometry, atmospheric composition determination, wind sensing and remote high precision mapping.
- Hear about achievements in national facilities of ultra-high intensities and their application to forefront scientific studies of ultra-intense radiation/materials interactions.
Co-Located Topical Meetings
The 2024 congress is comprised of three topical meetings:
- Advanced Solid State Lasers Conference (ASSL)
Highlights new sources, advanced technologies, components and system design to extend the operation and application of solid-state lasers.
- Applications of Lasers for Sensing and Free Space Communication (LS&C)
Presents the latest developments in laser-based sensing and free space laser communication.
- Laser Applications Conference (LAC)
Focuses on two main topic areas — materials processing and applications for high power lasers.
Optica Laser Congress