Health and Safety Practices
Vaccinations and masks are required for all in-person participants.
Version: 28 March 2022
Optica event management is monitoring national and local health guidelines in preparation for our events. This page reflects enhanced safety measures that have been put in place and current rules and expectations. Information on this page will be updated as necessary.
- Vaccinations — All in-person meeting attendees, exhibitors, vendors and staff must be fully vaccinated* and show proof of vaccination with photo ID. No exceptions.
- Masks — All in-person meeting attendees, exhibitors, vendors and staff are required to wear a mask in meeting venues at all times except when actively eating and drinking.
* Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days or more after an individual has received the second dose in a 2-dose series OR a single-dose vaccine OR after receipt of another vaccine validated by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of full vaccination with photo ID is mandatory to attend the meeting. Vaccines that meet criteria as set by the World Health Organization satisfy this requirement.
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes:
- App designed to upload and prove vaccination, such as CLEAR or Safe Expo. An app designated by your home region showing name, date of birth, vaccine and vaccination dates is also sufficient. (QR codes are not accepted.)
- Physical vaccination card
- Photo of a vaccination card
The photo ID must match the identity of the bearer and also the name on the vaccination card. Acceptable ID includes driver’s license, passport or other government-issued ID card.
Booster shots are recommended, but not required to be considered vaccinated. A negative COVID test is not a replacement for vaccination. Exemptions are not accepted.
Your Role Is Essential
As an in-person participant, you play an important role to ensure the health and safety of all attendees.
In Advance of the Meeting
- Get fully vaccinated! Bring proof of vaccination with you. The accepted threshold for being fully vaccinated is 14 days after the final dose. Many countries have authorized booster shots for adults. If you are eligible, a booster vaccination is strongly encouraged—and this must occur at least 14 days before attending.
- Plan ahead. It is the responsibility of each participant to confirm and meet all travel requirements for entry into the meeting host country from his/her country of origin. Use reputable websites for current information, such as the United States State Department, to understand any travel restrictions from your originating country of departure.
- Be prepared. When packing for travel, please bring a sufficient supply of masks, hand sanitizer and other items you need to feel protected.
If you have specific questions that are not addressed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.