Journal of the Optical Society of America Celebrates OSA's Centennial
To commemorate OSA's Centennial, OSA Publishing has developed some special content that highlights the Society's first publication, Journal of the Optical Society of America (JOSA), as well as its spinoffs, JOSA A and JOSA B.
Historical Editorials, Notes and Other Content
Explore notable editorials and other interesting content from JOSA, JOSA A, and JOSA B.
Editor's Picks Collections
Read articles that the JOSA A and B Centennial Editors have selected to illustrate how certain topics have changed over time in the Journals.
Commemorative Feature Articles
Read these commemorative articles, which bring together the past and future of optics and photonics.
- Stokes-vector and Mueller-matrix polarimetry [Invited]
- Attosecond optics and technology: progress to date and future prospects [Invited]
- Electromagnetic theory of optical coherence [Invited]
- Light-field and holographic three-dimensional displays [Invited]
- Dynamic nanophotonics [Invited]
- Gas-phase broadband spectroscopy using active sources: progress, status, and applications [Invited]
- Why it took so long for the laser and the optical comb to be invented: the unmarked trail from concept to experimental reality [Invited]
Explore the rise and fall of topics and technological themes in JOSA, JOSA A, and JOSA B with this interactive visual tool.
Centennial Editorials by the Editors-in-Chief of JOSA A and JOSA B
Most Cited Articles by Decade
Discover the most cited articles across all of OSA's publications over the last 100 years.