- 2023 Nobel Prize in Physics
- Laser 60th
- Turning 100
- OSA100 Bookshelf
- Centennial Book
- Peer Organization Milestones
- Celebrating 50 Years of Light-speed Connections
- Earth Day
- International Day of Light
- International Year of Glass
- World Oceans Day
- World Quantum Day
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Where light and glass meet.
The United Nations has declared 2022 the International Year of Glass. Throughout the year, we will celebrate the role of glass in science, art and sustainable development.
Highlighting the advances that have made optical glass components critical to a diverse range of optical systems.
Read our blog post on the intersections between glass, science and development.
Read the article in Optics & Photonics News from Optica Fellow John Ballato.