Optica Senior Members are members of distinction recognized for their experience, professional accomplishments, and service within the optics and photonics field and their active involvement in Optica. Senior Membership is a separate category from Emeritus Status, and members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior Membership.
View the Senior Member Reference Guide or watch this video to learn more about the process and program.
- Special Recognitions – Senior Members are identified in the Member/Individual Directory, on Optica.org, in the Careers section of Optics & Photonics News and during Optica-hosted events.
- Exclusive Member Programs – Exclusive programs and networking events for Senior Members at Optica events throughout the year.
- Announcements – Newly-approved Senior Members are announced in: Optics & Photonics News, the Member Newsletter and and annual press release.
- Senior Member Certificate and Lapel Pin – Recognition materials are distributed upon Senior Member status approval.
- Letter of Recognition – Approved Senior Members may request that a confirmation letter be sent to their employer.
- Senior Member Pin - This digital pin can be included on your website, business cards and other professional correspondence to indicate your status as a Senior Member. A physical pin is also sent to new senior members.