Education and Training in Optics & Photonics Conference
The bi-annual ETOP conference, first held in 1988, is an international forum dedicated to the dissemination of information related to the teaching of optics and photonics.
Learn more about the 2023 conference here
This international conference brings together leading optics and photonics educators from all levels, orientations and parts of the world to discuss, demonstrate and learn about new developments and approaches to teaching in these fields. Through presentations, panel discussions, workshops and exhibits, it is the intent of this conference to aid professors, students, teachers and professional trainers in teaching optics and photonics for the future.
ETOP addresses topics at the precollege, technician, two-year, four-year and graduate-equivalent levels. You can access past ETOP papers through Optica Publishing Group. Typical session topics include:
- training and laboratory materials for demonstrations
- training and continuing education in collaboration with industry
- education in geometrical optics, quantum optics technologies for integrated diffractive optics
- software for teaching
- computer assisted learning
- curriculum development laboratories for optics and photonics education
- education and training for inter- and multidisciplinary applications
Are you interested in hosting ETOP?
Download the ETOP Guidance Packet and Application (pdf).
ETOP Proceedings - Free and Online
ETOP conferences proceedings are available free online in Optica Publishing Group's Digital Library.