Health and safety practices.
Version: 21 September 2023
Optica event management monitors national and local health guidelines in preparation for our events. This page reflects enhanced safety measures that have been put in place and current guidelines and expectations. Information on this page will be updated as necessary.
Before you leave home.
Optica encourages all attending to:
- Get your flu shot when available.
- Ensure you are up-to-date on COVID vaccines and boosters.
- Consider wearing a mask around others, especially if you are immunocompromised.
- Take a COVID test if you develop any symptoms.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, we ask that you do not attend the event in person, self-isolate for five days and wear a mask around others for ten days.
What to expect at an Optica Meeting.
- We strongly recommend you self-test before leaving home and upon arriving in the meeting location.
- COVID vaccination records will not be required or checked onsite this year. Optica strongly encourages COVID vaccination and boosters, as vaccines are proven to reduce the threat of critical illness.
- We strongly encourage you to get your flu shot, if available, to further reduce the threat of illness.
- Masks will be available upon request on site.
- Mask wearing for participants will be a matter of personal choice and preference and attendees are expected to be respectful of mask decisions made by other individuals.
- We advise high-risk individuals, and those with family or colleagues who are at a higher risk of getting COVID, to wear a CDC-recommended mask, such as the N95 type.
- Wash hands frequently, including after utilizing washroom facilities.
- Use hand sanitizer.
If you have specific questions that are not addressed here, please contact email@example.com.