Optica Senior Members are members of distinction recognized for their experience, professional accomplishments, and service within the optics and photonics field and their active involvement in Optica. Senior Membership is a separate category from Emeritus Status, and members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior Membership.
Applications are now open for the 2022 Senior Member class and are due annually on 28 February.
Senior Members receive the full complement of member benefits and services plus:
- Special Recognitions – Senior Members are identified in the Member/Individual Directory, on Optica.org, in the Careers section of Optics & Photonics News and during Optica-hosted events.
- Exclusive Member Programs – Exclusive programs and networking events for Senior Members at Optica events throughout the year.
- Announcements – Newly-approved Senior Members are announced in: Optics & Photonics News, the Member Newsletter and and annual press release.
- Senior Member Certificate and Lapel Pin – Recognition materials are distributed upon Senior Member status approval.
- Letter of Recognition – Approved Senior Members may request that a confirmation letter be sent to their employer.
- Senior Member Pin - This digital pin can be included on your website, business cards and other professional correspondence to indicate your status as a Senior Member. A physical pin is also sent to new senior members.
Interviews with Optica Senior Members