The Tingye Li Innovation Prize is presented to an early-career professional who has demonstrated innovative ideas in their accepted paper to CLEO, the premier conference for lasers and electo-optics.
Submit a paper to CLEO and opt into the competition. Learn more on the conference website.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process and follow all of the instructions provided on the submission site.
Paper Submission Deadline: 02 December 2021
- Have an accepted paper to CLEO or a Post Deadline Paper (PDP) and must have "opted in" during the submission process
- Be eligible applicant is no older than the age of 39 during the calendar year in which the prize is given
- Be responsible for, and exhibit innovative ideas in, their research
- Agree to let the Optica Foundation use their picture, name and story in program marketing opportunities.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process.
University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Recognized for his paper "Scalable on-chip lasers grown on 300 mm Si wafers” at CLEO 2023.
- Armin Feist, MPI for Multidisciplinary Sciences, Germany (2022)
- Yating Wan, University of California Santa Barbara, USA (2021)
- Julia Gessner, National Institute of Standards & Technology, USA (2020)
- Shai Tsesses, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, Isreal (2019)
- Logan G. Wright, Cornell University, USA (2018)
- Yoshitomo Okawachi, Columbia Univ., USA (2017)
- Marcus Seidel, Max-Planck-Institute of Quantum Optics, Germany (2016)
- Antonietta De Sio, Universitat Oldenburg, Germany (2015)
This honor is endowed by Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc., AT&T, Optica, the IEEE Photonics Society, the IEEE Communications Society, Thorlabs, Inc., the Li family and supporters of the Tingye Li Memorial Fund.
About the Endowment
Established in 2013, the Li Innovation Prize honors the global impact Tingye Li made to laser science and optical fiber communications.
The recipient is selected by the CLEO conference chairs.