The Tingye Li Innovation Prize is presented to the author of an exceptional accepted paper to OFC.
Submit a paper to OFC and opt into the competition. Learn more on the conference website.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process and follow all of the instructions provided on the submission site.
Paper Submission Deadline: 01 January 0001
- Have an accepted paper to OFC or a Post Deadline Paper (PDP) and must have "opted in" during the submission process
- Be no older than the age of 39 during the calendar year the prize is given
- Be responsible for and exhibit innovative ideas in their research
- Agree to let the Optica Foundation use their picture, name and story in program marketing opportunities.
The submitting author must opt-in to the competition during the regular paper submission process.
Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS), Canada
Benjamin is recognized for his paper "Enhancing the Quantum Correlation of Biphotons via Coherent Energy Redistribution"
- Hesham Sakr, Lumenisity Limited, UK (2022)
- Nicolas Fontaine, Nokia Bell Labs, USA (2021)
- Di Che, Nokia Bell Labs, USA (2020)
- Eric Numkam Fokoua, University of Southampton, UK (2019)
- Benjamin Lee, IBM TJ Watson Research Center, USA (2018)
- Tetsuya Hayashi, Sumitomo Electric, Japan (2017)
- Kohki Shibahara, NTT, Japan (2016)
- Tae Joon Seok, University of California, Berkeley, USA (2015)
This honor is endowed by Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc., AT&T, Optica, the IEEE Photonics Society, the IEEE Communications Society, Thorlabs, Inc., the Li family and supporters of the Tingye Li Memorial Fund.
About the Endowment
Established in 2013, the Li Innovation Prize honors the global impact Tingye Li made to laser science and optical fiber communications.
The recipient is selected by the OFC conference chairs.