Myopia - Recent Advances in Technologies and Treatments (Part 2)
Hosted By: Applications of Visual Science Technical Group
19 January 2022, 11:00 - 13:00
- Eastern Time (US & Canada) (UTC - 05:00)
The Applications of Visual Science Technical Group invites you to join them for a special two-part virtual seminar on Myopia. The webinars will introduce myopia as a multi-layered problem studied with very different approaches and technologies. The seminars will also summarize the most promising treatments and technologies to stop/study its progression.
Part two of this seminar will take place on 19 January 2022. The session will focus on “Myopia - Recent Advances in Technologies and Treatment” and will feature the following speakers:
- José Manuel González-Méijome, Universidade de Minho, speaking on multifocal contact lenses to prevent myopia progression
- Sally McFadden, University of New SouthWales speaking on SCXL to stop myopia progression
- Donald Mutti, The Ohio State University speaking on interventions to slow progression of myopia in children
- Susana Marcos, University of Rochester speaking on novel technologies to evaluate myopia treatments
- Alexandra Benavente, SUNY College of Optometry speaking on clinical myopia control trials
Following the presentations from our speakers, there will be a moderated question and answer session.