The Student Leadership Experience
The Student Leadership Experience is a programs that supports up to 200 student members from around the world. This experience occurs in conjuction with Optica's Annual Conference, Frontiers in Optics (FiO), and serves as a fantastic way for students to immerse themselves in an environment full of professional development content, networking, and fun.
Student attendees will hear from world-renowned lecturers who focus on topics such as:
- Which Path To Choose - The benefits of Academia and Industry
- Marketing Yourself Successfully - A discussion on highlighting yourself in a job interview and perfecting your resume
- Giving The Perfect Presentation
- Utilizing Science To Impact the Community
- Making The Most Out Of Your Optica Membership
- Leveraging Your Student Chapter To Maximize Impact
- Taking The Leap From Student to Early Career Professional - strategies and guidance from those who have recently made the leap
- And many, many more...
In addition, students are provided with an atmosphere for engaging one another to discuss their own career trajectories, challenges faced, and ideas for successfully overcoming those challenges. Here is a sample itinerary that can be used for securing a VISA.
More details will be revealed as we get closer to January of 2022.