OSA Vision and Color Summer Data Blast!
Hosted By: Vision Technical Group
14 July 2021, 11:00 - 12:30
- Eastern Daylight Time (UTC - 04:00)
You’re invited to join the technical groups of the OSA Vision and Color Technical Division for their Data Blast Series every week in July. Each week’s session will feature a series of short talks followed by lots of time for questions and discussion.
The theme for this week’s session is ‘Optics of the Eye and Novel Ophthalmic Devices’ and will feature the following talks:
- Convolved vs. Optically Blurred Images. What is the Key Reason for the Observed Differences? Presented by Sara Aissati, Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab, IO-CSIC
- Scaling the Retinal Image of the Wide-angle Eye Using the Nodal Point presented by Michael J. Simpson, Simpson Optics LLC
- From Real IOLs Design to Simulations presented by Carmen María Lago López, Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab, IO-CSIC and 2EyesVision S.L.
- Cone Distribution in Diabetic Subjects presented by Vamsi Parimi, School of Optometry, Indiana University Bloomington
- Combining Artificial Intelligence and Robotics: A Semi-Automated Optical Coherence Tomography-Based Approach to Retinal Disease Screening presented by Ailin (Irene) Song, Duke University School of Medicine
- Design of a Compact Open-Field Wavefront Sensor presented by Charlie Börjeson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Acquiring Functional Responses of Photoreceptors in Human Retina with FF-OCT and Hardware Adaptive Optics presented by Denise Valente, Vision Science and Advanced Retinal Imaging Laboratory (VSRI), University of California Davis
- Peripheral Choroidal Response to Astigmatic and Defocus Blur presented by Dibyendu Pusti, Flaum Eye Institute, University of Rochester
Our moderator for this session will be Vyas Akondi, Stanford University, Chair of the OSA Vision Technical Group.