If you are interested in a special issue related to a scientific meeting, the first step is to submit a proposal for the issue to the journal editors. Optica staff will work with you to include all the necessary information for a special issue proposal. To request additional information, please contact representatives from the Optica Publishing Group.
Generally, a proposal should include:
- A description of the scope of the special issue/topics the issue will cover
- Note: The special issue does not need to cover the entire scope of the meeting. It is possible to pull out one emerging/developing area for the special issue
- Rationale for why the issue is a ‘hot topic’
- Emphasize new developments in the field
- Explain why readers would be interested