Optica is looking for a Meetings Coordinator.
The Meetings Coordinator serves as the primary supporter of and back-up to the Director, Meeting Operations and Senior Meeting Manager(s) for planning, logistical and committee activity related to assigned meetings, during all stages of the meetings. The Coordinator oversees the execution of all Manager-assigned projects, providing regular updates and escalating any appropriate issues to the meeting managers. The Coordinator provides other support to maintain project timeline, as needed or assigned.
- Project Support
- Serves as support contact with senior management, internal stakeholders, facility, vendors and committee members
- Supports staff lead to ensure event is successfully executed
- Acts as back-up organizer of regular team meetings, communicating team decisions and action items
- Supports supervisor-developed project plan
- Monitors timeline and fulfillment of deliverables
- Supports efforts to ensure key diversity metrics are met
- Supports evaluations of program effectiveness and communicates improvement opportunities for next meeting
- Compiles list of no-show oral presentations (from on-site presider sheets) and no-show posters, and provides to program coordinator on a pre-determined schedule
- Logistical Support
- Helps identify potential venues for meetings and special events
- Coordinates special events with internal stakeholders, maintaining timeline, communication and website maintenance. Serve as project lead for contracting room blocks, specs, F&B, etc.
- Develops signage plan and oversees production of signs
- Establishes delivery of staff, VIP and speaker rooming lists
- Coordinates shipping to and from assigned meetings, including aggregation of multiple departments’ materials, shipping manifest and international freight forwarding documentation
- Supports meeting special event invitations and RSVPs
- Secures local print vendor, as needed
- Provides on-site support as assigned, including but not limited to assistance with AV, catering, room sets and VIP handling
- Assists in efforts to ensure successful fulfillment of vendor contract specifications
- Website and Mobile App Maintenance
- Establishes topical meeting and Congress webpages
- Delivers conference site content per website timeline established by marketing
- Maintains committee info, via data entry into NetForum
- Updates content as it becomes available
- Assists in development and deployment of meeting’s mobile app, if appropriate, and ensures information remains up-to-date while app is available
- Program Development Support
- Requests and tracks information for special technical programs (e.g. workshops, panels)
- Works with Committees on Short Course Program, including collecting descriptions, adding details to website and communicating with Instructors.
- Works with Committee Members and Senior Staff to create Show Floor Theater program, including call for sessions, creating schedules, collecting presentation descriptions, adding details to website and communicating with organizers and/or presenters.
- Hybrid and Virtual Meeting Support
- Assist in quality review of presentations
- Assist as a Room Monitor for virtual sessions
- Enter Special Events and special programming into Scholar1
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree required
- Two or more years of event planning and/or volunteer (subject matter experts) experience preferred
- Association experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, coordinate details, and work independently
- Ability to travel, approximately 20%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and database applications, particularly web-based peer review systems
- Excellent customer service skills
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now