Sr Human Resources Manager
Optica is looking for a Sr Human Resources Manager.
The Sr. Human Resources Manager will be a hands-on leader for the development and administration of core areas supporting our staff including recruitment, onboarding, training & development, employee relations, and people-focused policies, procedures, and the critical systems to support the employee experience. This individual seeks to improve our employees’ experience and plays a key role in fostering an organizational culture that is inclusive, appreciative, values learning, and intensely mission-focused.
In partnership with the Chief Employee & Membership Engagement Officer to ensure that organizational HR policies and procedures are adapted to the specific context of each response, adequate and known to staff. The Sr. HRM will conduct training on-site for staff and others and facilitate development and implementation of appropriate HR management responses including plans and Standard Operating Procedures that fits Optica’s policy and standards. S/he will provide expert HR advice staff. S/he will also be encouraged to participate in other departmental activities, including team meetings, continuing education activities, annual conferences, and research activities.
1. Oversee full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit from assistant to senior team positions; Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent
2. Facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process according to Optica policies and procedures; set in place the recruitment team as appropriate;
3. Coordinate recruitments and orientations/transition of both new/ transferring staff.
4. Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency
5. Coordinate vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate.
6. Coordinate interviews and provide interview outcome summary.
7. Ensure the tracking system of the recruitment process and compile monthly report on recruitment are maintained.
8. Partner with Chief Employee & Membership Engagement Officer on job offers and contracts and ensure internal equity.
1. Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal-setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees
2. Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process.
3. Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual merit plan process
1. Design and implement staff training and development programs, to include new employee onboarding, leadership development, skills-based training, and compliance-related training
2. Develop strategic plans of action for staff engagement as part of ensuring a comprehensive approach to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment.
3. Work to actively engage in building trust with staff at all levels and in all roles.
4. Develop, gather and distribute educational reading and materials to all staff on a regular basis.
5. Partner with HR team to develop staff engagement activities.
HR Information and Reports
1. Spearhead internal staff communications, team-building and employee engagement activities.
2. Elevate requests as needed to the Chief Employee & Membership Engagement Officer.
3. Coordinate all HR reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) preparations.
4. Submit all HR reports or data request on time.
5. Actively participate in global and regional HR conferences to stay current in employment trends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or required field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years Human Resources experience.
- Experience with recruitment, benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, and records management.
- Knowledge of IRS and state payroll tax laws and accounting systems.
- PHR certification preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding computer proficiency including MS Office applications and HRIS required.
- Effective written and oral communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to use discretion and judgment and to interact effectively in sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Good negotiation skills.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, politicial affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now