Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales Manager
Optica is looking for a Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales Manager.
This position is an integral part of the OPTICA Corporate Engagement sales team. The Sales Manager has overall responsibility for selling print and digital advertising for OPTICA’s OPN Magazine as well as overall responsibility for selling exhibit space and sponsorships for OPTICA’s Congresses and Topical Meetings, CLEO (the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics), FiO (OPTICA’s annual conference, Frontiers in Optics), and OFC (Optical Fiber Communication) Conference and Exhibition. The sales manager must take the initiative, ownership, and strong sales management skills to succeed in this position. They will be assigned as Project Lead on behalf of a segment of the meetings and exhibitions portfolio each year. The Sales Manager will need to be an effective communicator and build strong relationships between OPTICA and optics and photonics companies. The Sales Manager will need to communicate regularly with prospects by phone, email, and videoconference. The main goal in this position is to meet or exceed revenue goals for OPTICA’s Congresses and Topical Meetings (OPC meetings), CLEO (the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics), FiO (OPTICA’s annual conference, Frontiers in Optics), and OFC (Optical Fiber Communication) Conference and Exhibition, and OPTICA’s OPN Magazine.
- Sales lead on assigned exhibitions and meetings. Responsible for managing sales budget, sales goals and administrative responsibilities related to maximizing sales pre-show, on-site and post-show.
- Manages each day effectively to efficiently and proactively manages their calendar to maximize daily responsibilities (including sales calls, administrative duties and meetings)
- Make high volume outbound sales calls daily.
- Manage sales leads by tracking and following up on sales promptly.
- Initiate conference calls and meetings (pref. in Outlook calendar) with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
- Proactively research and identify new sales prospects, always having a top prospect list readily available
- Maintain an accurate and robust prospect list for all projects to include past participants and use competitive publications, websites and trade shows to identify and communicate with new prospects.
- Utilize CRM system to track efforts (including notes and opportunities), update contact details and create accurate sales projections.
- Collaborate with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales to draft and email prospects.
- Provide regular sales updates to the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales, on sales and pipeline activity at weekly meetings and through maintaining renewal reports.
- Write copy and execute outbound e-blasts and mailings.
- Review and email completed exhibit space and sponsorship contracts to the Sales Administrative Coordinator.
- Regularly maintain and update the exhibit sales pages using web content software.
- Regularly maintain and update the exhibit floor plans in Expocad.
- Maintain regular contact with committee members to leverage personal connections to maximize potential exhibitor and sponsor revenue.
- Actively and collaboratively participate in regularly scheduled individual, departmental, and organizational team meetings.
- Responsible to the Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales for meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Perform other special assignments as directed by the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales or another senior department leadership
- Ability to problem solve and provide stewardship of association meetings.
Education and Experience
- College degree required
- Minimum of three to five years sales experience, preferably event/tradeshow experience (advertising sales is helpful)
- Management position; does not supervise staff
- Association and/or optics industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Experience and proven track record in effective follow-up and negotiation skills, specifically as it relates to working within established product prices and closing sales to maximize customer decision-making.
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative and attention to detail is required.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with contact relationship management (CRM) software, preferably ACT or SalesForce.
- Experience with NetForum or other association management software system.
- Familiarity with web content management software.
- Prefer experience with Expocad or other exhibit floor plan space-draw programs.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal and customer oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel required. (Sales Manager travels 3 – 4 time average/per year)
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, politicial affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now