Digital Communications Coordinator
Optica is looking for a Digital Communications Coordinator.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports Optica digital assets:
- Social media content development, execution and measurement
- Optica website updates in media room for Optica website and meetings websites
• In collaboration with and support of programs, implements digital communications campaigns to increase brand awareness and website traffic
• Designs, builds, Help grow annual Optica social media presence and stays up to date with new media channels to complement the existing ecosystem
• Assists with writing and editing of all digital content such as blogs, social media content, advertisements, and website copy.
•Assists with generation of social media measurement reports and helps conduct analysis on performance posts in relation to industry benchmarks.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders on program-specific digital communication needs and prioritize solutions including where digital complements in-person meeting experiences.
• Manages digital content calendar for the team; soliciting inputs from meetings marketing, Optica Publishing Group, Optica Foundation, Membership, Corporate Engagement, Public Affairs, Global and Awards teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field
- Two to four years of media relations, public relations, and communications work experience
- Familiarity with science research and scientific publishing is preferred
- Experience with media monitoring services/reporter database search services. (Meltwater)
- Experience with social media content/analytics (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Radian6)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing/editing/verbal communications/customer service skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Skilled in writing about economics, finance as well as for analytic skills
- Attention to detail is critical. Offers a high level of q/c skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Windows and online research
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment/experience coordinating vendors and consultants
- Enjoys the excitement of scientific discovery and its application to help improve/solve global challenges
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, politicial affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now