Optica is looking for a Staff/Senior Accountant.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this position supports various aspects of finance and accounting for Optica and Optica Foundation. Primary duties include supporting the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing process by recording transactions, running reports, creating schedules, and reconciling accounts.
- Record Optica Foundation monthly entries for revenue, update pledge schedule and calculate contribution match; prepare net assets schedules and quarterly reconciliations of due to/due from Optica.
- Prepare monthly investment entries and schedules; apply interest income to meetings with prepaids.
- Maintain fixed assets schedules, enter purchases into fixed asset software, prepare depreciation expense entry.
- Run monthly and ad hoc project reports and account drilldowns for stakeholders.
- Review invoices and prepare wire payments for entry to bank portal. Serve as Accounts Payable backup as needed.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and reconcile meeting registration transactions and assist with closing out conferences.
- Create recurring monthly journal entries, including but not limited to bank and credit card fees allocations, flexible spending, payroll, postage meters, accruals for building services, deferred meetings, corporate credit card expenses.
- Respond to staff and vendor inquiries.
- Serve as backup to Accounts Payable as needed.
- Assist DSD Finance, Senior Accounting Manager and teammates as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA or candidate preferred.
- Two to four years of applicable experience
- Experience performing high-volume data reconciliations with accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in meeting deadlines and managing goals through teamwork.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL, Management Reporter, PN3 Payable, Sage Fixed Assets, NetForum CRM.
Skills and Abilities
- Accounting, GAAP, and internal controls
- Microsoft Office suite; advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent mathematical skills and computational abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now