Optica is looking for a Marketing Manager.
The Optica Publishing Group marketing team is responsible for a comprehensive promotion program that primarily supports peer-reviewed subscription and/or Open Access journals, as well as other publishing products and services.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for project management and operational support to ensure that organizational goals for Optica Publishing Group are achieved. The project management role ensures that all promotion campaigns from marketing services flow efficiently to creative and production partners and that efforts are completed on schedule and on budget. The operations part of the position provides critical support on digital marketing campaign scheduling, list prospect management, budgeting, and fulfillment of graphics or collateral for social media, websites, or Optica meeting events.
The position relies heavily on sustaining strong relationships between the marketing team and email and graphics production vendors, as well as staff members from other Optica teams
- Collaborates with marketing managers to construct then manage detailed project and production schedules, and sets deadlines for various stages of each project – all to ensure successful outcomes.
- Manages the annual email calendar for Publishing – works with internal stakeholders to schedule (or re-schedule) emails, then meets with team members and external vendors on a weekly basis to confirm distribution dates remain accurate.
- Collaborates with marketing managers to develop overarching audience segmentation strategies; builds prospect lists from multiple internal and external sources; and manages processes to ensure data quality and integrity. Primary liaison with Information Technology team or outside list vendors on list management.
- Distributes assignments to creative teams and other production vendors, depending on their availability and priorities; monitors projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly.
- Manages the fulfillment of annual graphics requirements to support Optica Publishing Group social media, Optica events, or outside exhibits — specifically, maintaining an inventory of graphics needs, collaborating with graphic designers, and managing the production schedule to ensure completion before campaigns begin.
- Manages marketing budgets and tracks expenses for all Optica Publishing Group activities in publishing dashboard to ensure financial integrity of the marketing program.
- Responsible for tracking social media and web graphic banners postings on Optica and Optica Publishing Group web pages as well as Optica-managed social media platforms.
- Responsible for proofing all email campaigns against original email content document sent to vendor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years professional expertise working across a comprehensive suite of marketing and design disciplines
- Experience with and understanding of best practices in digital marketing
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts of sound project management, including Google docs, schedules, or other work management tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Top-notch project management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task to meet competing deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills — ability to monitor and prioritize production schedules to adjust resources and deadlines as necessary
- Effective collaborative skills to work proactively with other marketers and effectively engage in quick, efficient and customer-centric interactions
- Excellent written communication (including proof-reading skills) and oral communication skills to support efficiencies between team members and vendors
- Knowledge of complete marketing cycle — from plan to production; experience producing multi-format marketing collateral (digital, print and multimedia), and managing prospect lists
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and manage budgets
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite applications and/or Google Workspace. You must have advanced capabilities in Excel (e.g., formulas and pivot tables) or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity and facility with website content management systems (e.g., Kentico)
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now