Editorial and Special Projects Coordinator
Optica is looking for a Editorial and Special Projects Coordinator .
The Editorial and Special Projects Coordinator position assists several areas within the Publishing department including Editorial, Marketing, the Optics & Photonics News magazine and the office of the Deputy Executive Director. The tasks associated with each of these differ and comprise daily, weekly, and monthly activities as well as one-off projects.
- Data gathering and preparation of editorial reports for all journals (e.g. submissions, Impact Factor, diversity, and other statistics).
- Manages and responds to incoming copyright permission requests, granting permission and generating invoices as needed.
- Helps with editor, reviewer, and author recognition activities.
- Assists with outreach activities for journals, including selecting content to feature on social media.
- Handles logistics, compilation of ebooks, and preparation and distribution of minutes for governance meetings.
- Manages image permissions and copyright agreements for Optics and Photonics News magazine.
- Supports the office of the Deputy Executive Director with various administrative duties and logistics.
- Handles other projects as assigned and prioritized.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft office suite required. An ability to easily learn and utilize new technologies desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects that require complex scheduling.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detailed oriented.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, taking direction from 3-4 key team members
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently and bring projects to their successful completion.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential manner.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks yet demonstrate flexibility as required.
- Ability to act diplomatically and elicit cooperation from internal and external audiences.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now