Optica technical communities bring together members from around the globe to help foster lasting, valuable connections.
Optica members are encouraged to join technical groups in their areas of interest, which offer:
- Exclusive networking events for a chance to connect with fellow members
- Special events with tailored programming at Optica meetings
- Technical webinars presented weekly by leaders in the field and over 200 webinars available to watch on demand
- Online forums to engage in discussions with members across the globe
- Focused information on the latest news and developments in the field
- Opportunities to explore emerging topics in the group’s subfield of optics and photonics
With 44 different technical groups to select from, you can be sure to find a community offering the latest news, information and events of interest to you.
Joining Technical Groups
Current Optica members can update their technical group selections at any time by updating their profile in My Account. If you need assistance with updating your technical groups, please contact Optica Customer Service.
Technical Divisions & Groups
Optica currently has six broad technical divisions, each comprising several specialized technical groups designed to unite members with colleagues and leaders within their subfield of optics and photonics. Optica technical groups aim to create vibrant, active communities in which all of our members can participate. Our technical groups provide valuable leadership and learning experiences and opportunities to expand your network and create lasting connections within your field.